Sunday, June 8, 2014

Long Sabbatical...

   

Hello Readers. I think it has been forever since we've talked. Hope all of you are doing well. The girls and I have been through great changes over the last year.  The biggest change was we MOVED! I sometimes miss the old Rented Cottage, but it was necessary. Living paycheck-to-paycheck, robbing Peter to pay Paul and never saving was not good. First, I decided to start selling my most prized possessions. I thought it would be difficult; however, it was the complete opposite. Freeing myself from material things was LIBERATING! I was selling on Craig’s List, Facebook and I had a yard sale. I gave to friends, donated and then had my Dad take a load to the dump. So…I pretty much depleted everything we owned (with the exception of Lilly and Maddie’s things) and moved. The worst part of moving was finding a new home for my cat (my other cat was lost in the move). We were able to keep our dog. Also, I had the best neighbors and amazing soil for gardening.

    Now we are in our temporary Rented Cottage until we can buy a permanent (hopefully) home. The new Rented Cottage is with the parents.The girls are really enjoying country living. They love running around barefoot, playing in the stream and going on BIGFOOT hunts. Horses are their new love. They've been saving all year to buy one.

We also have eight chickens and two ducks!



Lilly says the birds need entertained, they get bored. She visits them no matter what. Even if she is wearing dressy sandals and a mini skirt.


 I’ve debated back-and-forth if I should start blogging again (since I’ve taken such a long sabbatical). Now I have more time than I’ve had in years to write and work on projects. The girls are having regular visitation with their father, leaving me lots of free time. I’ve become a member at Mary Jane’s Farmgirl Sisterhood, which it’s like Girl Scouts for grown-ups. Also, I'm into couponing. And yes...I have a stock pile.
I’m so glad to be back! Talk to you soon.


Click, if you are interested in becoming a member of
MaryJane's Farmgirl Sisterhood.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm glad your back!! Sometimes a girl has to do, what a girl has to do!!:)))

Related Posts with Thumbnails