Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Improved Armoire!

Here is the newly improved Armoire!


Before



After
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I bought all the containers, paint and knobs at Lowes.
Paint-$ 25/gal (I only used half)
Orange Containers 3pk-$4.95
Green/Clear Containers 10piece pk-$9.95
Green Crates-$4.95 each
Knobs-$0.89each
Galvanized Bucket-$7.95

The puzzles holder was from a yard sale $5.00. The large orange basket I already had, but you can purchase it from The Land of Nod.  I also used chalkboard paint for the labels (I think I paid $12.95, it will last many projects).      If you use chalkboard paint , make sure you tape well and a razor is helpful.


                                                                                                                            
 
 
 



 I am very happy with the end result. The one knob is still higher than the other, but nothing in life is perfect. I tossed many things we didn't need, so that left room for toy storage. The biggest challenge now, is keeping it this way!!!                                                                                                                                                                                

4 comments:

Megan said...

AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!!

Kat's Purrfect Boutique said...

Wow it looks great!! Definately worth $80. I think armoires like that go for about $400 or more by Sauder and that isn't real wood. WTG!!

Katharine

nickys nook said...

this was a cute project i'm sure the fact that everything is organized makes you able to sleep better

Bon said...

Love your blog and fun projects!
Bon @ Drab to FAb
www.gorgfabgoodies.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails