Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Motherly Love


   Every time I publish a post with you, I have my mother review it. Sometimes I'm sleep deprived and miss grammar mistakes. I also like her opinion on the overall post. Her honesty is important, because I don't want to post a bunch of crap. When I ask her "what do you think" she usually says, "it's ok" or "good".  We'll last night she surprised me by saying, "you've got to many love songs on there...you sound like a depressed single woman". Yesterday I worried a little about the "Dream" posting, I thought it may sound depressing. I asked her to review it right away, and she said it sounded fine. I looked at my song list and there are many "love songs", I guess I didn't realize it. I just try to pick a wide variety of  songs, something for everyone. I hope I have not come off as a "depressed single woman", because I'm the complete opposite. I'm actually a joyfully divorced woman. I was just really moved by the "Dream" song, and wanted to share it with you.
   Now moving on, lets get back to motherly love. My mother and I have a very honest (at times brutally) relationship. Along with being my mother, she is my best friend. I can count on her for anything. We can tell each other anything. Like a few weeks ago she couldn't wait to get her hair cut. She'd been growing it out and couldn't take it anymore, so she decide to trim her bangs. Well, trimming bangs turned into a mullet. When she came to my house the next day, my jaw dropped. She looked like a rocker from the 80's. I grabbed a pair of scissors and started cutting (even though I don't know how to cut hair). I would not let her leave my house looking like a Heart (the band) wannabe. Needless to say, it was much improved. Another example of our love, happened the other day. I was getting ready to leave for work and she looked over at me and said, "you look really busty...it's probably that nursing bra you're wearing". The next day I did get a new "minimizing" bra, which by the way is extremely painful to wear. Do you see the trend of our relationship?
   Motherly love, we can't live with it and sometimes we can't live without it. Call you mother today. See you soon.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails