Monday, August 30, 2010

Never Ending Tomatoes


(Here are a just a few)

Earlier this summer my Dad and I planted thirty tomato plants. I never thought they'd come in. Well, they've exploded! We have picked over two hundred pounds of tomatoes. We've made pasta sauce, salsa and tomato juice. I'm getting desperate for recipes. Tonight the girls and I made a pizza and calzone. We used the homemade sauce and Roma tomatoes from the garden.


<><>
<>
<><>



I highly recommend this bread dough for pizza.

Boule Dough
Recipe from "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day"

  • 3 c. Luke warm water           

  • 1 1/2 Tbs. Granulated Yeast 

  • 1 1/2 Tbs. Kosher salt          

  • 6 1/2 c. Unbleached Flour, unsifted.
Mix all together, then set aside and cover for 2hrs. This amount of dough will make three loaves of bread. I just pull off what I want (it will last up to 12-14 days in the frig.), usually bakes 25-35min (depending on how much dough used). Bake at 450 degrees. This dough is excellent for pizza or bread. Hope you like it!

Have a good night.


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails